Saturday, June 7, 2008

Natural Hair

One of the most valuable things I learned was about shampoo. Most shampoo has a chemical in it called Laurl sulfate. Laurl sulfate is a chemical that is put into shampoos to give you that lather. I love washing my hair and the more bubbles I see the more I felt my hair was clean. However Laurl sulfate is drying to your hair and can cause breakage. Breakage is not a good thing. I found that I could clean my hair with what is called a co-wash. Which is a conditioner wash or I could wash my hair with a baking soda and water solution or do a acv rinse which is a apple cider vinegar rinse. So what I did was I started reading the ingredients stay awaying from parabens and alcohol.

Alhamdililah reverting to Islam has made me more aware and I am so happy, Meshallah that Allah has guided me!

You might think that what I am saying is strange but if you really think about it people with kinky hair such as mine need different products for their hair to grow and be healthy, Meshallah. After much research I have discovered that a lot of the products I bought were not products produced the kind of results I wanted.

Now I use shea butter in my hair, sta-sof-fro sheen spray which I plan to start using vegetable glycerin/water mixture when I run out and amla oil as a hot oil treatment. This is all I use and it is sufficient. This is also all I use in my children hair. I do two strand twists and afros with a headband but I want to try braid outs one day when my hair gets a little longer Inshallah. However there are a few hair products that I want to try and I will share that with you at another time Inshallah.

Sisters this is how Allah created me with my kinky, curly and sometimes nappy hair. I don't mean that in a bad way. I love it Meshallah. I just wanted to share my experience if you have any questions please feel free to ask them.

Inshallah, I will make hijrah and I don't want to have to rely on many of the things I use in this dunya. It is the Sunnah to try to look our best. May Allah Guide us and make us better than we are. Amin

Wa Allaykum Salaam Wa Rahman tu Allayhi Wa Barakatuhu

No comments: